POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Highlight Effect : Re: Highlight Effect Server Time
30 Jul 2024 14:24:46 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Highlight Effect
From: Phil Cook
Date: 25 Mar 2004 06:05:37
Message: <opr5ezuie0p4ukzs@news.povray.org>
On Wed, 24 Mar 2004 23:09:38 -0600, How Camp <kro### [at] hotmailcom> wrote:

> On Wed, 24 Mar 2004 20:47:54 -0600, How Camp <kro### [at] hotmailcom>
> wrote:
>
>> Perfect!
>
> I spoke too soon.  My understanding from reading the docs (6.5.8, as
> Bob pointed out) is that a light_group can be formed with a
> light_source and another object, and the indicated light_source will
> only affect the object(s) in the light_group.
>
> ...So, what am I doing wrong in the following scene?  Somehow, my
> light in the light_group is affecting the two text objects outside the
> group.
>
> Incidentally, this effect seems to disappear if I comment out the
> 'looks_like {LightBox}' line in the scene.

<snip code>

Remove the finish {ambient 1}  from the LightBox, light_group constrains
the light_source but the box is producing it's own 'light' from the
ambient which is not stopped and is being reflected in the text, keep the
ambient and change the LightBox to pigment {rgb <0,1,1>}  and you should
see what I mean.

HTH

--
Phil

--
All thoughts and comments are my own unless otherwise stated and I am
happy to be proven wrong.